View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jane
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2007-12-03

PostSubject: My little girl   Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:55 pm

My little girl Natasha, She was born deaf also she has slight downs.

When she was a baby no one really picked up on the fact that Tasha was deaf until she was getting older and i said she has not said anything yet. I new something was wrong so my health visitor made me a appointment to the hearing department. I found out she was deaf and that they was going to put grommets (tubes) in her ears, they did this but they wouldn't stay in so they did it again for the 2nd time again they didnít stay in. Even though it did help i didn't want Tasha to go though it again. Tasha now has 60% hearing in one ear and about 30% earring in her other ear. The only problem is now has she was born deaf she is now learning to talk. I use Mackaton sign with her (speech and sign combine) and this is helping her no end. The school she goes to is awesome i love her school a lot they have all helped her so much and she has come along so much.

Her downs is a different story one i was very angry about has no one told me she had slight downs till i asked why her jaw and cheek line wasn't normal. Then they told me it was due to her having slight downs. I was like "WHAT????" no one had told me of this at all not even my health visitor. I wasn't prepared i didn't no much about downs or anything i had to read up on things very fast to understand her needs.

It does only effect her jaw line and cheek line. So she don't have it that bad but I was still very angry that i didn't no about this. You would have thought they would have told me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paulysmum

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: hello   Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:46 pm

Hiya my name is Deb i am mum to Paul who has autism epilepsy and a whole host of problems

I will look forward to posting on here .

I have just set up my own forum but its still only a few days oldOUR SPECIAL KIDS

You will be very welcome to join me

Deb x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jane
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2007-12-03

PostSubject: Re: My little girl   Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:39 pm

joined hun Smile just waiting on the code
Back to top Go down