Is it acceptable to snoop on teenagers?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jane
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2007-12-03

PostSubject: Is it acceptable to snoop on teenagers?   Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:02 am

Just wanting to know what other parents veiws are on this subject.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Imperious
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 10

PostSubject: Re: Is it acceptable to snoop on teenagers?   Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:39 pm

I would think that would depend on the teenager, the age of the teenager, and what country the teenager is being raised in.

I would say it depends on the teenager because every person is different young and old. Some teenagers get into alot of trouble and are very mischievious. Some teenagers never really get into any trouble or any mischief. This is why I would say it depends on the teenager. If you have a teen that stays out of trouble no I do not think snooping is really needed. Then, if you have a teen that gets into alot of trouble and mischief, then it may be needed.

I also say it would depend on the age of the teenager. In the UK legal age is 16, where in the USA its 18. So I think this would play a role in this as well. If the teenager is close to being a legal adult. No I think snooping would be invasion of privacy. Say, 15 in the UK or 16-17 in the USA. Then I would think snooping would be an invasion of privacy. Unless, you have a good reason to believe there is something that may harm him/her that he/she is hiding from you. Then I think snooping may be needed.

The reason I say it would depend on where the teenager is being raised is location has a big role on a teens life. If you are in a location that there is alot of crime, mischievious teens, drugs, etc. If you know that your teen hangs around with some of these teenagers that get into all types of mischief. Yes there may be a need to snoop. Then again you cab be in the same area and your teen does not get into any trouble. As I said before I think this would depend on your teen. Also, location plays a role on legal ages. USA 16 is still considered a kid, teenager, where in the UK they are legally an adult. That I say plays a huge role.

Ok I'm rambling on and making this one long post. Going to end this now. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jane
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it acceptable to snoop on teenagers?   Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:48 pm

yes but is it fair to take the privercy away
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Imperious
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 10

PostSubject: Re: Is it acceptable to snoop on teenagers?   Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:54 am

Well, Basically all I'm saying is. If you think your teenager may be hiding something that can harm your house, themselves, or others in the house. Then yes, as a parent and the head of house, you have the right to make sure your home and everyone in it is safe. Really, if you think your teenager is hiding something that can harm someone or something. I don't thik age really plays a role at all. If anyone is in your house, living there, and they may be hiding something that can harm the occupants of the house or the house itself. Don't you think you have the right to make sure nothing is harmed? I mean of course you would need a very good reason to think the person, teenager or not, is hiding something like this. But if you do have a very good reason I believe you have the right to make sure nothing is astray. It is afterall your house. Some may see it as invasion of privacy but I believe there is a limit on that. You can make sure your home and the ones in it are safe. You push that too far and yes it is an invasion of privacy. It is a slim line but there is a difference. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jane
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it acceptable to snoop on teenagers?   Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:19 am

Quote :
If you think your teenager may be hiding something that can harm your house, themselves, or others in the house. Then yes, as a parent and the head of house, you have the right to make sure your home and everyone in it is safe.

yes i do agree with that infact i think you have hit the nail on the head there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it acceptable to snoop on teenagers?   

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1